- 4 lbs (2 kg) beef short ribs
- 2 cups (500 mL) barbecue sauce
- 2 onions
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby carrots
- 1 tsp (5 mL) hot chili flakes
Make sure to have finger bowls handy because it’s going to get messy!
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces, if necessary.
- Snugly fit in bowl of slow cooker. Pour 1 cup (250 mL) barbecue sauce overtop. Cut onions into wedges, then scatter overtop with carrots. Pour remaining cup (250 mL) barbecue sauce overtop. Sprinkle with chili flakes.
- Cover and cook until ribs are tender and falling off the bone, 4 to 5 hours on high or 8 to 10 hours on low. Skim excess fat from sauce. Great over noodles or with herbed mashed potatoes. Ribs will keep well, covered and refrigerated, up to 4 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Recipe Courtesy of – Chatelaine
Note: I prefer to broil my ribs before transferring them to the slow cooker
- Place the ribs on a baking sheet
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil ribs 6 inches from the heat for about 10 minutes or until browned, turning once.
- Transfer the rib portions to your slow cooker.