- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 1tsp coarse or flaky salt
- WHISK flour with 2 tbsp sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Using your fingers, work butter into the flour until it becomes crumbly. Gradually add water until it starts to form a ball. Add more water, 1 tbsp at a time, if needed. Divide dough into 4 portions and form into logs. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- PREHEAT oven to 425F. On a lightly floured counter, roll 1 log of dough into a long thin rectangle, about 6 × 16 in. Cut into 6 rectangles or triangles. Arrange on a cookie sheet and prick all over with a fork. Beat egg lightly with water, then lightly brush over each cracker. Sprinkle with some of remaining sesame seeds and coarse salt.
- BAKE in centre of oven, flipping crackers over halfway through, until crisp, 11 to 13 min. Repeat with remaining dough. Serve with goat cheese, fresh figs, warmed olives and lavender honey.
Make-ahead tip: Dough can be made up to 2 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.
Storage tip: Crackers keep well, in a covered container at room temperature, up to 1 week.