- 750 g skin-on, boneless turkey breast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 bacon strips, coarsely chopped
- 3 gala apples, coarsely diced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water or orange juice (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 400F. Set a rack on a 9 × 13-in. baking pan. Sprinkle both sides of turkey with salt and fresh pepper. Lay turkey, skin-side up, on rack. Scatter bacon, apples and cranberries on pan around turkey.
- ROAST in centre of oven until skin turns golden-brown and a meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of turkey reads 170F, 40 to 45 min. Transfer turkey to a cutting board and tent with foil; let stand for 10 min.
- REMOVE rack and stir brown sugar into bacon mixture until dissolved. Add 1/4 cup water if there aren’t any pan juices. Spoon into a serving bowl. Slice turkey and serve with chutney.
Recipe Courtesy of – Chatelaine