- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2-1/2 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 3 medium eggplants, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place eggs and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip eggplant in eggs, then coat in crumbs. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake 15-20 minutes or until tender and golden brown, turning once.
- In a small bowl, combine mushrooms, basil and oregano. In another small bowl, combine mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce into a 13×9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with a third of the mushroom mixture, eggplant, 3/4 cup sauce and a third of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Recipe Courtesy of – Taste of Home