- 4 medium green or sweet red peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve Minute® Ready to Serve Spanish Rice Mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds; set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the rice, 1-1/2 cups cheese, salsa and pepper sauce. Spoon into peppers. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Pour water around peppers.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until peppers are tender and filling is heated through. Top with remaining cheese; sprinkle with cilantro.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Recipe Courtesy of – Taste of Home