- 4 medium sweet red peppers
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper jack cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/3 cup uncooked converted long grain rice
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- Cut and discard tops from peppers; remove seeds. In a large bowl, mix beans, cheese, salsa, onion, corn, rice, chili powder and cumin; spoon into peppers. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until peppers are tender and filling is heated through. If desired, serve with sour cream.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Recipe Courtesy of – Taste of Home