- 1/4 cup uncooked millet, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 medium sweet red peppers
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint or 1/2 teaspoon dried mint flakes
- 1 teaspoon shredded lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh chopped oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a saucepan, bring millet and broth to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until millet is tender and broth is absorbed, about 30-35 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and cool.
- Meanwhile, cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. In a large saucepan, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- With a fork, fluff cooled millet. Add the corn, onion, celery, nuts, green onion and seasonings; blend well.
- Spoon into sweet peppers. Drizzle with oil. Place in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until tender.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Recipe Courtesy of – Taste of Home